I have a 1 year old and 4 year old, both are ‘sleep thieves’ with a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out). I’m tired and my tired is tired. Papa Ginge asks what I want for Mother’s Day and this is my pipe dream list:
1. A full nights sleep!!!!! Or even 4 consecutive hours would be nice.
2. To go to bed after 10pm, sleep in my bed all night with my Papa Ginge and no kids!
3. Proper sex, not parent sex. You know what I’m talking about. Although I’ll take the parent sex over none.
4. A real lie in, not a parent lie in till 7am, although that will do too.
5. To have no guests during my toilet visits for a day.
6. A nap – alone.
7. A bath – alone.
8. To eat one meal while it’s hot without having to stop at any point to deal with something or go get something.
9. To watch a full film all in one go or even *gasp* go to the cinema.
10. Get a bit drunk.
Given that these are not at all realistic, I have told him what hard cash gifts I want because damn it I’ve earned it and if I can’t sleep I should at least get something pretty instead.