Birth, Baby & Family is all about supporting all parents and mental health is a huge part of that.
All of my sessions are run to meet the needs of parents who are doing well, along with the parents who are struggling or who just need a bit of extra support.
I run small groups and quieter drop-in sessions every week, as well as one to one sessions.
Mental health is unique to us all – it can be lifelong or it can be triggered by events, life-changes and every day stresses.
And I get it – I know how hard it can be to come along to a group with your baby when you don’t know anyone, I know how hard it can be to force yourself out the front door when you are knackered or feel like you don’t know what you are doing, I know how hard it is to seek support for yourself when you might be struggling with lack of worth or feeling like you are failing and I know how hard it is to get out there with your baby when you are anxious about being judged. Birth, Baby & Family has been built from a place of meeting the unique needs of parents – you will get:
- a warm welcome and a listening ear when you need it
- a cuppa and the space to just be
- a cuppa and the opportunity to chat, gather information, seek support and build your community
- a dedicated parent-focused service to benefit you
- no cliques – the parents use who Birth, Baby & Family are also warm, friendly and supportive
- no judgement so you can be open
- a lot of encouragement
There’s a lot of informal chat and support at the Family Centre, with lots of laughter as well as tears, offloading and new friendships.
Please don’t stay at home feeling alone, just reach out if you want to know more.