Congratulations – you have a baby and you are a parent. This is the most amazing journey of immense love, happiness and pride, which can be matched by immense frustration, exhaustion, uncertainty, isolation and loss of identity.
It is about learning to trust your instincts and finding your way and it is about getting the right support for you – making new friendships and finding the right places for good support, information and reassurance when you need it.
I started running my postnatal sessions to provide ongoing support for Tyneside parents – especially mums on maternity leave – from having a newborn to having a toddler and maybe having both.
what are the benefits for you…
- all sessions are run by a qualified and trained practitioner in pregnancy, birth and postnatal support so you can talk through a range of issues
- a comfortable, relaxed, warm and friendly setting to be with your baby
- I don’t have an agenda and I don’t subscribe to a particular style of parenting, my aim is to provide non-judgemental parent support
- having the time and space to chat, offload and seek support & reassurance as you need it and as you adjust to being a parent and a different you
- you can make new friendships
- it’s about easing any isolation as a parent
- most sessions are weekly and run as a drop-in so you don’t have to book in advance
The Baby Session – a weekly drop-in session for parents with a baby
Family Café – two weekly drop-in sessions for parents with babies, toddlers or both
Baby Massage – small group sessions to enhance bonding and to provide support for parents
1:1 Sessions – to focus on parenting and personal issues and to provide extra support for parents who need a confidence boost, who are exhausted, low or feeling anxious
Sleep Support – 1:1 session for tired parents
Birth Debrief Service – to talk through and make sense of the birth of your baby
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Janine – a specialist in pregnancy, birth and parent support